Message sent from:

How does the school know if my child needs extra help?

All teaching involves a continuous cycle of planning, teaching and assessing. We monitor all the children’s progress through observations, class teacher assessment and Pupil Progress Meetings. If your child is identified as needing extra help during the school year, their class teacher will inform you and liaise with the SENCo to discuss the nature of their needs. We also use the Wiltshire Graduated Response to SEN Support (WGRSS) to ensure that when we identify pupils with SEND we are using the same criteria as other Wiltshire schools.  You may receive a letter or be invited in to school to talk in more detail to your child’s teacher about the support your child will receive. This is also an excellent opportunity to find out how you can help at home. Further information on our approach to teaching pupils with SEND can be found here in our SEN Policy.

Hit enter to search